Thursday 6 September 2012

RAW PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FUDGE


RAW PEANUT BUTTER, CHOCOLATE FUDGE
A couple of weeks ago I did some experimenting in the kitchen. I brought out the Cuisinart processor and put a little of this, a little of that and made something that was REALLY yummy! Problem was, when I went to make it again, I wasn’t sure how much and exactly what I put in :-s…..
So I took it one step at a time and bit by bit, I had all my ingredients that I had used to make this creation.
Soooo….here it is:
150gr of coconut (I used unsweetened but today I had to make up the amount with some sweetened so I skipped the agave nectar)
½ cup oats (more later)
3 pitted dates
2 T peanut butter
1 or 2 T cocoa
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
Plus ¼ cup more oats (this will bind your mixture together)
1 tea. agave nectar or honey to taste (you can completely omit as the choc. chips make it sweet).
¼ cup chocolate chips (or carob chips)

Process coconut until fine but not separated. Then add all other ingredients one at a time, BUT process in between each ingredient.  Add the last ¼ cup of oats as this will bind the mixture so it will form.  By now, your mixture should be forming a ball. Add chocolate chips and process just enough to mix in the chips.
Take a sheet of waxed paper and put mixture onto paper. Pat down with a spatula to form a square or rectangle (or whatever shape you want……octagons are nice looking…just kidding). Pat sides as well until mixture is fairly condensed. I then used the waxed paper to smooth out the top. Just looks nicer :-) Score with a knife as this will make it easier to break off each piece.
Wrap in wax paper and even some plastic wrap and freeze. These will freeze nicely and are a great frozen treat. Serve frozen. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment