Wednesday 29 August 2012

RELICS ARCANUM


RELICS ARCANUM
My son is an artist and writer. He’s always loved to draw, paint and write from an early age. If I sent him to his room for a time-out, I’d forget about him and then realize that an hour or more had gone by. I would go in and apologize to him that I forgot his time-out only to find him drawing or reading or just day dreaming! He’d always accept my apology and say, “That’s OK Mum” and then we’d hug and kiss each other. All would be forgiven  :-)
 I don’t always agree with what he writes or even paints but his art comes from within him as it does with any artist. I respect him for that. He’s honest with his art in all forms.
He’s passionate about the environment, animal and people welfare and wears his heart on his sleeve. He’s a big guy, standing at 6’3” and he has a big heart to go along with that stature. He wants to fix all the wrongs in the world but gets frustrated at the lack of caring on a political and local level. He’s opened my eyes to areas that I now do what I can to correct those wrongs. I can’t fix everything but I can do what God has given me in gifts and talents to help those in need.
That’s what Stephen’s art does. His art & novels are his way of trying to awaken the world of the things that are wrong with the world.
Things that you can do: support a foster child in a third world country. I have two foster daughters in Ghana with Compassion. Give or volunteer at a food bank/kitchen. Find someone in need in your community and help them with that need.  Recycle and be aware of what and how you throw things out. Don’t use chemicals on your yard or in your home. LOTS of ideas on Pinterest to help you out with that. I use vinegar and baking soda a lot for my home cleaning and in the yard. For ant control I use corn meal (works great btw). And the list could go on.
Do what you can, with what you can and if we all pitch in, I believe the world would be a better place for all.
Here is Stephen’s web site:  http://www.stephenguptill.com/

Oh, and here’s some examples of Stephen’s art. To have a look at his graphic novels and other art, go to his web site.  :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment