Thursday 16 August 2012

RAW OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!

I wanted to make some cookies tonight so I thought of my favs. The top three are: chocolate chip, oatmeal and peanut butter. Then I had an epiphany! Why not combine ALL my favs into one recipe AND make them raw so I don’t have to bake them and roast in a hot kitchen! And en voila! The below recipe was born!
‘Scuse my lovely photography but you’ll get the idea!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup  rolled oats  ( then 2/3 cup more....I'll explain later) :-)
1/3 peanut butter or nut butter of choice or cashews
¼ cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1 tbsp honey or agave ( I used agave)
a few drops of vanilla
pinch of salt
1/3 cup of chocolate chips (or carob or vegan chips)


 I used my handy-dandy Cuisinart food processor to make the cookies. Just pulse until all ingredients start to form a ball.
 I put everything in starting with the dry and working my way to the wet stuff.
 Here's where the extra oats come in. I found my dough too wet, so I then added 1/3 cup of oats, pulsed a bit and then added the next 1/3 cup of oats. You can judge for yourself how firm you want the cookies. I then added the chocolate chips and pulsed just enough to mix them throughout the dough.
 Instead of making single cookies, I put the dough on a piece of wax paper and formed a square and patted it down until the mixture was firm and dense.
 Then I scored them into 9 cookies (one disappeared shortly after this shot was taken.....), loosely wrapped them in the waxed paper and popped  them in the freezer. You can just keep them in the fridge if you'd like but I like to be able to dunk them into my tea so I left mine in the freezer. They taste DEVINE btw!!!
Bon appetit!





No comments:

Post a Comment