Friday 23 November 2012

Pumpkin, Carrot Chocolate Chip Muffins

I love pumpkin. I love carrots. I love chocolate. So that's how my pumpkin, carrot, chocolate chip muffins came to be!
Here's the recipe and it's very low fat and not too bad on the calorie count either!

1/2 cup of maple syrup or agave nectar. (I used part of one and part of the other and then a pinch or stevia. Add more sweetener if you wish up to a half cup more.)
1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce. (I buy mine in a jar, then freeze the rest in ice cube trays and put in ziplocks for future use)
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree (or fresh pumpkin if you're energetic. I'm not) (Again, I freeze leftover pumpkin but in muffin tins)
1 large carrot, peeled and grated.
1 1/2 cups of flour
3/4 tea. baking powder
1/2 tea. baking soda
1 tea. cinnamon (you can use some ground gloves but just cut your cinnamon in half and use 1/4 tea to 1/2 tea. of the ground cloves)
1/4 tea. salt
1/4 tea. nutmeg
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of choice

Pre-heat oven to 400F. Grease muffin tin.
 Mix all wet ingredients until well blended.
Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well, then mix with wet ingredients until well blended.
Fill cups about 2/3 full. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. If making mini muffins, cut back on time to about 15 minutes or so. Check after about 12 minutes for minis.
Enjoy!
btw, they may not look great but they taste REALLY good!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment